Going old-school with Essick AIRCARE MA1201 Whole-House Evaporative Humidifier. A big, chunky model that can humidify a home up to 3,600 sq. ft. Yes, that's more than 3000 square feet of living space in a day. Impressive it may be, here comes the critical question. There are 2 powerful variants currently on sale, which is the best version should you go for? Is there any major drawback of the humidifier? Find out in our Essick AIRCARE MA1201 review below.
± 159.99 p
Annual filter ^
± 150 - 300 p
CHECK LATEST AMAZON PRICE
** MRSP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price)/ RSP (Retail selling price) is provided by cleanairprice.com. Accurate at the time of posting.
^ Annual filter cost is calculated based on filter price and 12 hours of usage. Pricing could vary depending on air quality, usage frequency, and speed.
Essick Air AIRCARE MA1201 Specification
|Product||Essick Air AIRCARE MA1201|
18 x 16.5 x 12 in
(45.7 x 41.9 x 30.5 cm)
|Weight||8.5 lb (3.9 kg)|
|Coverage (up to)||3600 sq. ft. (334 m2)|
|Capacity||8 gallon (64 pints)|
|Duration per charge||36 hours|
|Water tank||4 gallon (32 pints)|
|Power consumption||81 W|
|Filter||MAF2 Replacement Wicking Filter - 24.99|
|Refill method||Bottom Fill|
|Essential Oil Compatible|
|Auto shut off|
|More color options|
|Filter/ Water empty indicator|
|Email/ Phone support|
- 3 speed with Quiet Nighttime setting
- Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier
- Digital controls with Auto Humidistat
- Leak-free bottom fill 4-gallon reservoir
- Check filter and water refill indicators
- Single wick filter
- Caster wheels
- 2-year limited warranty
At what costDepending on which variant you opt for, The top tier Essick AIRCARE MA1201 is not cheap. The 3.6 gal 3600 sq. ft. a variant is around 120+ so a lot of people will opt for the cheaper 2.5 gal 2600 sq. ft. variant. You'll get the same features i.e. digital control, autonomous humidification, and caster wheels as standard. But no matter which version you go for, there's the expensive wicking filter that needs replacing every month or two. Failing to do so might cause a stench odor plus mold/ mildew outbreak. So think about the recurring cost before purchasing one.
If you are ok with the wicking filter maintenance fees, there are few places you can buy Essick AIRCARE MA1201. Amazon has the best price including a used model for both variants. If you do purchase one, go with a brand new one as it comes with a full warranty and free shipping. Local retailers that sell humidifiers may carry AIRCARE MA1201 model, but you will have to look it out yourself. The official Essick website experience is not great, we would avoid buying from here if possible.
- Whole-house humidifying that can cover up to 3600 square feet.
- Adjustable humidistat for precise setting between 40 to 60% humidity level.
- Long 36 hours of operation that can output 8 gallons of water per day.
- Auto humidification plus quiet nighttime mode for overnight use.
- Bottom fill design that can be very easily detached for cleaning and refilling.
- Expensive wick filter replacement that will cost you 100+ annually even if you opt for the bundled pack.
- Wick filter will attract mold/ mildew quicker than most models due to the high airflow circulation.
- Humidity sensor is not as accurate and sensitive compare with other brands e.g. Levoit.