Going old-school with Essick AIRCARE MA1201 Whole-House Evaporative Humidifier. A big, chunky model that can humidify a home up to 3,600 sq. ft. Yes, that's more than 3000 square feet of living space in a day. Impressive it may be, here comes the critical question. There are 2 powerful variants currently on sale, which is the best version should you go for? Is there any major drawback of the humidifier? Find out in our Essick AIRCARE MA1201 review below.
online price (US)**
±159.99 $$$/ 7
±159.99 $$$/ 7
(annual filter cost ±150-300)
CHECK LATEST AMAZON PRICE
** MRSP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price)/ RSP (Retail selling price) is accurate at the time of posting.
^ Annual filter cost is calculated based on filter price and 12 hours of usage. Pricing could vary depending on air quality, usage frequency, and speed.
` The indicated online price guides as follows: $ = under $50, $$ = $50-100, $$$ = $101-200, $$$$ = 201-300, $$$$$ = $301-400, $$$$$$ = 401-500, $$$$$$$ = over $500.
Essick Air AIRCARE MA1201 Specification
|Product||Essick Air AIRCARE MA1201|
18 x 16.5 x 12 in
(45.7 x 41.9 x 30.5 cm)
|Weight||8.5 lb (3.9 kg)|
|Coverage (up to)||3600 sq. ft. (334 m2)|
|Capacity||8 gallon (64 pints)|
|Duration per charge||36 hours|
|Water tank||4 gallon (32 pints)|
|Power consumption||81 W|
|Filter||MAF2 Replacement Wicking Filter - 24.99|
|Refill method||Bottom Fill|
|Essential Oil Compatible|
|Auto shut off|
|More color options|
|Filter/ Water empty indicator|
|Email/ Phone support|
- 3 speed with Quiet Nighttime setting
- Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier
- Digital controls with Auto Humidistat
- Leak-free bottom fill 4-gallon reservoir
- Check filter and water refill indicators
- Single wick filter
- Caster wheels
- 2-year limited warranty
Design And Usability
- Whole-house humidifying that can cover up to 3600 square feet.
- Adjustable humidistat for precise setting between 40 to 60% humidity level.
- Long 36 hours of operation that can output 8 gallons of water per day.
- Auto humidification plus quiet nighttime mode for overnight use.
- Bottom fill design that can be very easily detached for cleaning and refilling.
- Expensive wick filter replacement that will cost you 100+ annually even if you opt for the bundled pack.
- Wick filter will attract mold/ mildew quicker than most models due to the high airflow circulation.
- Humidity sensor is not as accurate and sensitive compare with other brands e.g. Levoit.